The Bhaktivedanta Swami Gurukula is pleased to announce that we will be joining our Kindergarten class with the Pre-Kindergarten program for 2021.
While it is with a heavy heart that we inform you that Vaisnavi Devi Dasi is resigning for personal reasons, she has afforded us the opportunity to rethink the way we have structured the learning journey at our school.
Vaisnavi will continue her role with the Hare Krishna School until the end of Term 4. It has been a privilege to have her at our school for the time she was here, as she cultivated a wonderful sense of curiosity and spirituality in her classroom, and we wish her all the best in her future endeavours, and again thank her for her wonderful contributions to our school over the last eight years.
We are pleased to announce that Vrinda Taylor will be joining Mahesvari to form the Early Learning team next year.
We will continue with the Tuesday/Thursday schedule for our Pre-K students for 2021, and the full Monday-Friday schedule for Kindergarten children.
Our Kindergarten Students will also continue their play with the Years 1-2 classes on alternating days, providing a dynamic social experience for all of the children.
To those who have already enrolled their children for Pre-K or Kindergarten in 2021, please see below for more information about this change.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss the changes further.
This is a progressive move towards an easier transition to ‘big school’ for our children, with a more comfortable environment and an intimate setting for our smaller students.
Over the holidays we will be refurbishing the classroom and resources so that we can offer an early learning experience that allows for a consistent educational environment, as most of our Primary and Secondary classes are composite classes.
We will be adapting the curriculum to use different teaching strategies to support every child’s development, with some components of the daily rhythm being mixed, and others being taught separately.
Having mixed-age grouping allows the opportunity for younger and older children to learn from each other, other benefits include:
- Support for you and your child in preparing for a smooth transition to school.
- A warm and welcoming environment to assist in the physical, social, academic and spiritual development of your child.
- Mixed-age play allows for the holistic development of social and communication skills (verbal and non-verbal).
- A safe space to work through any separation anxiety issues prior to the commencement of school.
- Siblings can support each other, and other children are offered the opportunity to play ‘big sister’ or ‘big brother’ to other children
- An opportunity to familiarise your child with the daily rhythm and routine of the school day.
- A spiritually supportive environment based on the values of Bhakti-Yoga
- Extra time for parents and staff to work together to assess a child’s readiness for school and adjust learning plans as necessary.
- A diverse and inclusive classroom experience that gives the less confident or developmentally delayed children time to build their confidence in a space that accommodates a wide-range of ability levels.
If you are interested in enrolling your child for Pre-K or Kindergarten, please see this link for next best steps.